Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Lewis Hamilton's brother to begin motorsport career this year


Former World Champion Lewis Hamilton's younger brother is set to kick off his own motor racing career.

Nineteen-year-old Nicolas Hamilton, who has cerebral palsy, has reportedly gained a National B licence and, with initial tests having already taken place, will start the Renault Clio Cup with a race at Brands Hatch in April.

The series is a support event for the British Touring Car Championship.

"I have loved motor sport from a young age and watching my brother achieve so much has given me inspiration to make my own racing debut," said Nicolas, who is a well-known face in the F1 paddock.

"I know this will not be an easy task, but I hope my doing this will give inspiration to others who have challenges in their life," he added.

Source: Auto123

No comments: