Friday, February 18, 2011

Vettel insists he is happy at Red Bull


Sebastian Vettel has moved to dampen the flames of renewed speculation about a future switch to Ferrari.

The rumours re-emerged this week when Italian reports quoted Red Bull’s new world champion as saying he wants a Ferrari seat so badly he would pay for Fernando Alonso to go on holiday.

But although his current team boss Christian Horner insists his drivers are free to express themselves to the media, Vettel has now returned his focus to his existing employer in an interview with Sport Bild.

“There is no reason for me to go elsewhere,” said the 23-year-old.

He said the satisfaction of his current situation hit him on the way back into the pits during the first day of Valencia testing earlier this month.

“The blue of my car was shining particularly nicely; I could see the number 1; I thought to myself ‘Boy, life is good!’”

And while Vettel has said F1′s more famous marques are attractive, he now insists that every driver wants to be sitting in the fastest car.

“You think about how to get the best possible package,” he confirmed. “And I feel very good with Red Bull.”

Source: YallaF1

No comments: