Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Robert Kubica is enjoying his rallying


Renault Formula 1 driver Robert Kubica has been speaking about his recent rally exploits ahead of this weekend's European Grand Prix.

The Pole has shown some impressive speed in the rallies he has been contesting this year, particularly on the recent Rally del Taro and Rally del Salento events in Italy where he drove a Twister Corse prepared Renault Clio S1600.

“I’m somebody who likes extra competition in what I do,” said Kubica. “It wasn’t actually my plan to go rallying during the season, but I had some problems when I competed last winter, so I had to do it more and it’s been going really well.

"What I love about it is that you always have a question mark in your mind: when you approach each corner, you never know what’s going to happen.

"In Formula 1, I can predict 80 or 90 percent of what will happen on each lap, but in rallying you can predict nothing. You go into the corner thinking ‘what the hell will happen now?’ That’s what I enjoy most.”

Meanwhile, Kubica has recently been quoted, by the Polish media, as expressing an interest in possibly contesting WRC Rally Germany in August, though this will largely depend on his F1 schedule.

Source: RallyBuzz

No comments: