Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hamilton determined to 'attack' Valencia

Lewis Hamilton has vowed to retain his attacking style in a bid to bring his bad luck to an end at next weekend's European GP

Hamilton has conceded his frustration following the last two races in Monaco and Montreal after becoming embroiled in a number of incidents.

The most high profile of those saw Hamilton collide with McLaren team-mate Jenson Button in Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix, forcing him into the wall and subsequent retirement with a puncture.

Considerable criticism has followed for Hamilton, although he has also received support, including from Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone.

Addressing the next situation, Hamilton said: "Those two races were particularly frustrating for me because we showed we had the pace to win both of them, yet I only came away with eight points.

"For me, Valencia will now be a weekend of consolidation after two disappointing results in Monaco and Canada.

"I've always gone well at Valencia, finishing second there in every race, and I really enjoy attacking the track.

"It's a difficult circuit with no let-up, but that won't deter me as I'm really keen to get back on track and get back in the points.

"This race will be our third street circuit in a row, so hopefully it'll give me the chance to reverse the bad luck I've encountered in the previous two."

Hamilton knows he should have done better of late, adding: "We've arguably had the fastest race car in the last three races.

"That's really encouraging because I know that, when it's put to best use, I should be able to finish at the front.

"As always, that will be my goal next weekend."


Source: Planet-F1

No comments: