Thursday, January 13, 2011

Alonso on Massa, Massa on Alonso


There’s an unwritten rule in Formula 1, as in all motor sport – your main rival is your team-mate. The Alonso-Massa pairing became a year old right here in the snow of ‘Wrooom’ and it was logical to ask each driver his verdict on the other.

“I have a great respect for Fernando: we have a good relationship, we work very well together and there are no problems at all,” said Felipe. “It’s clear that I want to be ahead of him but that is normal. In 2010 I didn’t manage it because I wasn’t comfortable with the tyres but I hope to battle with him this year: I’m perfectly prepared for that. We will have the same treatment, as has always been the case at Ferrari. I feel very focused and have faith in my chances.”

“I have an excellent relationship with Felipe, better than what people want to see from outside,” said Fernando in turn. “This week we’re here to ski together and in the evening we play poker, which says a lot. We do everything that two team-mates and two professionals must do, also because we need each other. For example, in the 15 days of testing that we have available before the start of the championship we will have to divide up the work. Each of us will have to give 100% to help the team develop the car, beginning or completing the work of the other, depending on the programme. We will have to be practically one driver made up of two different people.”

Source: NextenAuto

No comments: